California Provisional Driver License
At 16 years old you can take your driving test to apply for your California provisional driver's license. Here is a checklist for your driver's license.
- Have your provisional permit for at least 6 months.
- Have completed California driver education.
- Have completed 6 hours of professional driver training.
- Have completed 50 hours of driving practice with an adult 25 years or older who has a valid California driver license and can certify the practice. A minimum of 10 of the 50 hours must be at night.
- Have your picture taken.
- Provide proof of financial responsibility.
- Make a driving test Appointment: Call 1-800-777-0133 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, or visit http://www.dmv.ca.gov/foa/welcome.do?localeName=en.
Quick answers to the most common California Driver Ed Course questions.
When will I get my certificate?
You should receive your certificate via first class mail within 10 business days.
Are there any extra fees?
The course fee you pay during registration includes everything you need, including the certificate. There are no extra fees.
Do I have to take a written test?
Our driver ed is 100% online, including the exam. You will have to take a test at the DMV when you apply for your permit or license.
- Money-Back Guarantee!*
- Approved Online Training
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Log On and Off As Needed